What is the Freedom Encounter?
The Freedom Encounter is a short course designed to expose people to the idea of using business to facilitate freedom - specifically in communities living in the shadow of human trafficking.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of West Bengal with train trips, tuk-tuk rides, jeep journeys, and wandering walks and roof top bus rides for the adventurous.
- Explore the factors that drive trafficking with on-site visits to vulnerable villages.
- Meet the founders of Freeset and other entrepreneurs working in West Bengal.
- Visit existing freedom businesses in Kolkata.
- Hear first-hand stories from women about how working at Freeset has enabled them to leave the sex trade.
- Learn about the challenges of starting a business in India.
- Explore and develop ideas for new freedom businesses.
Who should attend?
If you want to see transformation in communities vulnerable to trafficking and want to learn how business can be a powerful tool to achieve positive change, this is the course for you!
Whether you're 20 or 65 and up for an adventure, you'll fit right in. It’s a great opportunity to connect with people from around the world looking to discover their role in bringing freedom to others.
What others have said
"I enjoyed every minute of the Freedom Encounter - learning about the business itself, hearing the stories of those involved, discussing the idea of the Freedom business model and experiencing the incredible colour and energy of India. Three weeks flies by!" - Julian C
"These three weeks have been incredible - deeply thought provoking and stretching. Inspiring people and content, great friends made and plenty of fun along the way. I highly recommend the Freedom Encounter to anyone wanting to go deeper in their knowledge and understanding of human trafficking it’s drivers and particularly, ways in which business can transform communities" - Kerrie P
Encounter Course Dates
4 - 22 September, 2017
Applications close 31 July, 2017
8 - 22 January, 2018
Applications close 31 November, 2017
3 - 21 September, 2018
Applications close 31 July, 2018